Friday, June 27, 2014

The Test Ride




Rip City and I went to Sawtooth Cycles and checked out the Indian Chieftain Faired Hard Bagger.  We both took the bike on extended test rides.  I gotta say two things:  powerful and smooth.  The counter balanced solid mounted 111 cubic inch motor was extremely impressive along with the smooth but predictable tranny.  The magazine articles I had read led me to believe the bike would feel small for someone of my stature.  Not true.  It fit me better than a stock Street Glide.

I believe I would take off the passenger pegs and pillion, put on a drive's backrest, plug in the stage one baffles and ride it for a while before changing anything else.  It really doesn't need anything else until someone makes a tour pak.

I think maybe I could be a two bike guy and park one of these next to my Street Glide.  Great job applying the old Indian panache to new technology.  Hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment