Sunday, July 15, 2012

Street Glide or Road Glide

Harley Davidson Road Glide

Harley Davidson Street Glide

I decided I would weigh in on the Street Glide vs. Road Glide comparisons.  It basically boils down to a couple of things.

I like the Road Glide for two main reasons over the Street Glide.  The fixed fairing performs really well at speed having been designed to make the Road Glide more stable the faster you go.  The steering is also a little lighter as the fairing is not attached to the handlebar and triple tree.  You also have a greater choice of handlebars as there is no fairing to work around.

The down side is that the Road Glide fairing is pretty ugly unless you are willing to spend money on the cool headlight covers and upgrades you can buy.  An after market windshield is also a must along with an after market handlebar.

The Street Glide does have the fairing mounted fairing that makes the steering a little more heavy.  But the steering is very neutral and the fork rake adjusts for the fairing.  I really can't feel a whole lot of difference from my Fatboy.  I prefer the Street Glide gauge and instrument placements and the fairing blocks more air than the Road Glide.  Besides the fixed fairing high speed performance and choice of handlebars, I prefer the Street Glide.

I think the Street Glide is the cooler looking bike.

It's a good thing since that is what I bought.  Or I may be justifying my purchase in my own mind.  What's left of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment